Monday, February 7, 2011

NFSA - The Arc

Being a bit of a movie buff, I cant believe I only recently had the pleasure of watching a film at the National Film and Sound Archive or "The Arc" and let me just say, the place is amazing. Located over at the ANU, opposite the Martian Embassy it is a beautifully decorated building and has lately been playing the best of the 80's films. I got to go see Indiana Jones and while the film was meant to be playing in the courtyard - which would have been a fantastic, intimate, casual setting - the rain put us inside in the theatre. I have never seen a place I like more, the colours in there, the decorations are so different and comfortable that I couldnt help but constantly smile. The staff there actually seem like they want to be there, they are happy and smiling and exceptionally helpful. If you get the chance to watch a film there, or even go visit just to see, take advantage of the opportunity - this place is amazing.

P.S. There are rumours that this place was haunted because it used to be the institute of anatomy where bodies used to be dissected

http://www.nfsa.gov.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment