Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gus's and Essen

I finished work early yesterday and had some time to kill so I decided to go get a bite to eat and read a book while I waited. I decided on Gus's Cafe London circuit for the herbivore breakfast (at 3pm) and a cup of tea which set me back about $20. As much as I like Gus's the service and the meal were far from impressive, my pouched eggs were overcooked and the tomatoes were undercooked. the mushrooms though, were a highlight of the entire meal. I didnt get a spoon for my tea and not once did the staff smile or seem to interested other than in their own conversation. The roadworks on London Circuit are really affecting all the stores and cafes nearby but if you are quiet, it should give the opportunity to provide a better service to the customers you do have. In all, I finished the chapter I was up to, paid and headed next door to Essen where I was greeted in a friendly manner, the girls asked what I was reading, if Id had a nice day and suggested a nice tea for me. Tea will cost you $4.90 at Essen but I get four or five cups out of it so I prefer it. Honey and hot milk for my vanilla tea and I was comfortable with my book while it rained. I was there for a few hours before I realised I had to go, but if you want a nice place to go, dont be so conventional and sit at Gus's because its what you know - go to Essen, you'll find it much more enjoyable.
You never know, you might find me there sometime.

CBB

No comments:

Post a Comment